Thursday, October 16, 2008

GERAKAN, Tan Sri Dr. Koh Tsu Koon & Datuk Seri Dr. Teng Hock Nan Has FAILED !

To The Newly Elected Top Leadership Of Gerakan,

First of all I would like to congratulate everyone of you including Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon as President, Deputy President Datuk Chang Ko Youn, Vice-Presidents Datuk Mah Siew Keong, Datuk Dr S. Vijayaratnam & Huan Cheng Guan and fellow CC Members. I would also like to take the opportunity to congratulate Datuk Seri Dr. Teng Hock Nan who is now the Penang Gerakan President.

Hence I would clearly like to put down in written here that, I together with fellow members are totally disappointed on the way Gerakan have treated Indian members. Tan Sri Dr Koh and Dr Teng Hock Nan, I would like you to recall on the meeting held among Indian leaders at our Party HQ after the 12th General Election.. In that particular meeting, both of u promise to give Indians more opportunities at the top level. Lately Evan during the NDC this issue was brought up. But it has been proved that the top leadership of Gerakan has FAILED to look into these issues.

I would also like to touch on the press statement by Huan Cheng Guan in The Star ( 15th Okt 2008 ) that more chances should be given to Indians and the failure to appoint A. Mohan into top post shows that the current state leadership are bias. For the top leader’s info, If A. Mohan is a Gerakan member for 20 years, I am a Gerakan man for the past 28 years. Till now Gerakan have failed to give or appoint any long serving Indians into the Party top leadership. What a shame.

I would also like to slam the party admin and membership bureau for failing to recruit or in a better way to say FAILING TO ACCEPT new Indian members. In 2005 I submitted 60 over forms for a new branch in Penang. But during the last Branch level AGM when I gave a check, to my shock all of the names were missing. I had to recollect all the forms and too bad those who wanted to join Gerakan in 2005 got disappointed the way Gerakan handle the membership and with the top leadership. A fellow friend of mine who intended to contest for Branch Youth Chairman and later to the Division level could not do so. This shows that Gerakan are indirectly killing the political career of capable individuals.

Everyone around us are thinking that my boys are the Members of Gerakan, but it’s a shame that we are actually not due to the carelessness and bad intentions of the top leadership. If all this allegation of mine is not true and if the top leadership are sincere, Penang State Gerakan Chairman would have appointed Indians to the top post. He has given a sarcastic statement that Indians will be appointed into Bureau Chairman. We are capable for top post rather than bureau chairman. Im dare to say if all membership of the Indians is accepted, there will be more top Indian leaders In Gerakan. Whenever there is a new proposed branch with maximum Indian members, the branch takes time to get approved. Im saying this from my very own experience, I would have had my own branch since 2005 if all my submitted members were accepted.

Accept the challenge by Huan Cheng Guan to recruit more non Chinese into the National Gerakan Committee as Secretary general, Asst Secretary general, treasurer and assistant treasurer including to CC and CWC. I bet the top leadership will not do this. To all my fellow Indian members, we have been saying we love Gerakan and we are SATU HATI but if the leadership now fails to make changes, we walk out. It doesn’t mean we have to jump party, but stepping back is already a big slap for Gerakan because it will proof in the eye of 26 million Malaysian that Gerakan failed to proof themselves as multiracial party. Iv got offer to join some other component party from BN, but my love for Gerakan is true and I hope Gerakan leaders will open their eyes once for all and do the changes! SATU HATI.

Regards,
P. Velaendan & K. Prabakaran

P/S I won’t be shock if there is any Indian members who comes to defend this top leaders. They have been using us, put a stop to this.